Saturday, May 25, 2013

[WP issuses] cata1yst on "[Plugin: WP Forum Server] Spam guest posts when registration is required"


cata1yst on "[Plugin: WP Forum Server] Spam guest posts when registration is required"




cata1yst
Member
Posted 2 months ago #




Hi,


I have an installation of WP Forum server 1.7.5 on my WordPress website. I have 'Registration required to post' and 'Use Captcha for unregistered users' both ticked in the settings (although I assume the 2nd should be redundant if the first is ticked...)


However, my forum is getting spammed with junk posts, mostly from the 'guest' user. When on the forum home page, it says 'Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration' but somehow spammers are getting around this.


I have searched and don't see other people reporting this problem, so hopefully I have done something wrong and some kind person can help me out ;-)


Many thanks


PS: Website is at http://www.fightingstrokes.org/forum/


http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/forum-server/




.

wordpress.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Other post