Wednesday, May 29, 2013

[Wordpress issuses] mbellemin on "Adding my WP Blog to my Klout.com Account"


mbellemin on "Adding my WP Blog to my Klout.com Account"



Hi,


I also face trouble in trying to link my WordPress blog to Klout.


When, in "connected networks", I link to "wordpress", I reach an address at: https://public-api.wordpress.com


Then in a dropdown box I can find my 4 blogs:
- One is on wordpress.com and I do not use it. Connecting to it makes no difficulty.
- The three others I use are self-hosted and I do not succeed in trying to connect them.


For those, I receive the following message when I click on "authorize": "That site does not seem to be accessible or no longer has the Jetpack plugin installed." As a matter of fact the sites are accessible and Jetpack plugin is installed and fully functional.


Please note that for those 3 blogs, I use a web address like "sub.domain.com" while WordPress is installed in "sub.domain.com/wordpress".


Main blog at: http://blog.maximebellemin.com


I also used the JetPack debug tool at: http://jetpack.me/support/debug/


It returns the following: "Communication error: We were unable to make an XML-RPC request to your website. Please make sure that XML-RPC is turned on and that Jetpack is installed, activated and connected with your WordPress.com account."


I deleted and re-installed JetPack, disconnected and reconnected my account, to no avail.


It seems to me JatPack is having trouble, not Klout, maybe related with xmlrpc interface when directories for WordPress blog and admin are different.



.

forums.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Other post